SUPPORT SMALL BUSINESSES NOW!
(11/25/15) You don't have to wait until Black Friday, Small Business Saturday or even Cyber Monday to get special deals here!
(through Nov. 30)
• FREE SHIPPING on all orders of $40+
• FREE GIFT with every order!
You can also shop at my CafePress store for items like mugs, more shirts in many styles, jewelry and much, much more!
Now Taking Orders for Personalized Pocket Cemeteries
Pocket Cemeteries are all one of a kind (OOAK), but now they can be personalized for you! Learn more in the shop.
Like Loot Crate and Other Mystery Boxes? Introducing Taphophile Trunks!
Mystery boxes are a TON OF FUN ... and now taphophiles have their very own! There are two main box styles: one for $20 and one for $30. In each style of box, you will receive your very own, one-of-a-kind "Pocket Cemetery" or "Cemetery in a Jar" handmade by me. The $20 boxes are guaranteed to have a value of at least $30 retail. The $30 boxes will have a value of at least $45!
• $20 Taph Trunk includes one "Pocket Cemetery" and a variety of items that will be fun or helpful for cemetery lovers.
• $30 Taph Trunk includes everything above, PLUS a T-shirt, tote bag OR book.
If you are interested in a higher-value box, I'll be happy to custom-make one for you! Email me for details.
These are limited edition mystery boxes that will make GREAT gifts for yourself or the taphophile in your life.
**International buyers, email me for shipping rates.
Order now before they are all gone!
Taphophile Trunk review - by Dawn R. (11/15/15)
This is a review of the OMG! Taphophile Trunk. As a Taphophile from way back I can tell you that finding things that speak to that side of myself is hard. If you do find something, it is usually crappy made or goofy looking. If you find something worth spending your money on, it costs a fortune. The price for this box was very reasonable for all that you receive.
Note that I purchased an OMG Ultimate for $75 with a value of $100 and up. With this special box, I was able to get a ton of extra premium items--Pocket Cemetery, Cemetery in a Jar, T-shirt, tote and book. Talk to Minda if you want something similar.
Here's some of what I received in my box:
1. Cemetery in a box (Pocket Cemetery): It was so beautiful and well made. It just screamed Taphophile.
2. Cemetery in a Jar: This was also wonderfully executed.
3. T-shirt: I love the shirt. It was a little big but shrank in the washer.
4. Tote bag: I will be carrying this with me most places.
5. Note cards: I love the note cards. It is a way I can say hello to my other Taphophile friends with a touch of flare.
6. Book: Translating Tombstones by the one and only Minda. It is a great read. I will be taking this with me on my trips to cemeteries.
7. Cookie cutters: Tombstone and a coffin. Enough said. lol
8. Other odds and ends that are wonderful.
I would recommend the Taph Trunk to anyone. The best thing is that Minda works with your budget to provide you with fabulous Taphophile items. I would give this product 5 stars and 2 thumbs up!
You Could Be Featured in the Taphophile Calendar!
(11/11/15) It's that special time of year when people are forced to think about the future because calendars start popping up in stores almost as fast as Santa and the colors red and green. It's calendar time! But have you ever thought to yourself, "There are calendars of cows doing yoga, of pigs in flower pots and fun-loving nuns. But where's my calendar? Where are the taphophiles???" Well, wonder no more!
We here at TheCemeteryClub.com and on our Facebook group think the time has come for cemetery lovers to represent.
All taphophiles are encouraged to submit a photo of themselves and their favorite cemetery for consideration for a brand new 2016 calendar.
To be considered for one of the calendar images, email your high-resolution (300 ppi) photos to firstname.lastname@example.org by Nov. 25 with your name, cemetery name and location, and a brief bio of yourself.
Deadline for submissions: Nov. 25
• The new shop has been updated! Still working on combined shipping (which will you will get!), but the shop is up and running! (11/16/15)
• I'm working on updating and reorganizing the site (if you couldn't tell!). Once you move one thing around, suddenly you're moving everything! Please be patient and let me know if you can't find something. :) (11/3/15)
• Taphophile Trunks - They're like Loot Crates only better! And for taphophiles only. A variety of prices are available. They make great gifts! (11/3/15)
$20 Taphophile Trunk
$30 Taphophile Trunk
$10 "Translating Tombstone" book (signed)
NEW PRICE! T-shirts and Totes
(11/16/15) New lower price on T-shirts and totes! Two T-shirt and tote bag designs are now available, including the "I Dig Cemeteries" design you see above and "Life Lessons from an Old Cemetery." Price is $15 each + shipping. Visit the shop to get yours!
Understand Gravestone Symbolism with 'Translating Tombstones'
(11/3/15) Do you spend a lot of time wandering cemeteries? Are you interested in genealogy and history? If so, this is the book for you! "Translating Tombstones helps you translate what the symbolism on the gravestones mean.
You can purchased a signed, personalized copy directly from me for a limited time.
Do you have your copy of "Translating Tombstones" yet? Order the paperback version ($9.99) or e-reader version ($5.99).
For more information, contact minda.epitaphs email@example.com.
In the News
• (11/3/15) I'm working on a brand new show called Tomb Trippin'! It's an upcoming web series starring Jimmy Hanks. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!
• (11/3/15) My daughter, also known as The Cemetery Kid on YouTube, has raised $250 to help Dash the red panda at the Milwaukee County Zoo! Red pandas are an endangered species, and she wants to make a difference for them. Great job, Annabella! We're so proud of you!
Check out her cause at her site: Annabella's Panda Sanctuary.
Woman fights for sign, fence at old cemetery (York Township, Ohio)
History and art reunite again in new show at Easton Cemetery (Easton, Pa.)
VA oversees largest expansion of national cemeteries since the Civil War (Tallahassee, Fla.)
Inside Hyde Park's secret pet cemetery (London, England)
"In the Garden Cemetery: The Revival of America's First Urban Parks" by Tate Williams
I am currently seeking cemetery books to review as well as book reviews by YOU. If you have a cemetery-related book review you would like to submit, e-mail it to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the title, publishing company, year published and your review. If you have a book you'd like review, e-mail me regarding sending in a review copy or a link to the electronic version.
Got a Kindle? Load Up Your eReader, too!
(5/16/15) Even more of my books are available now for your eReader at great prices.
• "Images of America Chippiannock Cemetery" Historic cemetery located in Rock Island, Illinois ($9.99)
• "Translating Tombstones" ($8.75)
• "Life in Parts: An Interpretation from the Cemetery" - Photography, inspirational quotes and original writing ($5.99)
• Cemetery Journal ($5.99)
• "Haunts of the Quad Cities (aka Genevieve's Ghost Journal)" ($6.25)
• Epitaphs Magazine #5 ($5)
• Epitaphs Magazine #6 ($5)
• Epitaphs Magazine #7 ($5)
• Epitaphs Magazine #8 ($5)
Interested in my book "Cemetery Walk"? You can get a print copy on sale now at Authorhouse.com for only $16 (retails for $22)!
Meet the Cemetery Kid!
(10/20/14) When my daughter said she wanted to have her own YouTube show, she initially wanted to do make-up tutorials. Bear in mind that she was 7 at the time and had only played with her Barbie make-up kit. (Just last week she used this same kit to put on eye shadow ... first on her eyes then all over her face to make a mustache, goatee and glasses to look like her dad.)
Instead, I suggested she become the Cemetery Kid and talk about all the cool things in the cemeteries we would visit. To my surprise, she got excited and jumped right into it. I'm super proud of her, and not just because she's talking about gravestones.
I'm proud of her confidence and talent in front of the camera. Sure, our videos have been quick shots with my iPhone, but she's been handling her part professionally. All I do is tell her a little bit about a gravestone or cemetery, then she takes that information and embellishes it with her own observations.
We hope you check out her Cemetery Kid videos and like them. It would certainly make an 8-year-old girl's day.
'Can I Clean a Gravestone?'
If you are interested in learning how to clean a gravestone without damaging it, you will definitely want to read Joseph McCabe's article "Cleaning and Preservation of Tombstones, Headstones & Gravestones."
Featured Taphophile: John Jenkins
(6/9/14) John is the creator of the site Gravestones HQ, a resource site for people who have experienced loss and don't know where to start regarding funeral arrangements and the like.
Where are you located?
I'm currently located in Cardiff, Wales, where I live with my wife, Alison, and our daughter, Jess.
What is your background?
My background is in the electrical engineering field. I am an electrician and have been most of my life.
What inspired you to create Gravestones HQ?
My dear grandmother passed away earlier this year, and I realised when I was arranging her gravestone there was not enough resources available for those who were experiencing loss. The bereaved need all the help they can get during this troubling time, and this is why I decided to create the website, where people could get all the information they needed about gravestones.
How do you hope the Gravestones HQ will help other people?
I hope the site will be a resource that people can trust to give them all the information they need, with the answers to all the questions they have about graves, materials, the regulations and all the emotional connections involved with choosing gravestones.
Have you received any feedback from any site visitors yet?
Yes, we often have people asking us further questions about materials for gravestones, which ones work best for different types of memorials and which last longest. Whether they’ve been questions or just general comments, we’ve always been happy to get feedback!
What else would you like people to know about your site?
Know that we have always had the best intentions with our site, and our goal is and has always been to provide as much information as possible for those experiencing loss in their lives.
See more featured taphophiles on my blog!
Featured Facebook Photos
The current featured Facebook photos are from www.facebook.com/groups/thecemeteryclub/ are by MW Photographie and Robin Harmon. Thank you for sharing your photos with TheCemeteryClub! As always, the original photographers retain all rights to their photos; I'm just sharing the love. (6/26/14)
Gravestone Information Submissions
Cemetery Research (Epitaphs Magazine) Tools for You
Links Library Art & Poetry
Book Reviews Genealogy
Books by Minda Advertise
View more gifts at Zazzle.
Gravestones & More